By now, you’ve undoubtedly heard some of the buzz surrounding guest blogging. Over the past couple of years, guest blogging has become one of the most popular content marketing strategies of them all. It seems like you can’t go a day without coming across someone singing the praises of guest blogging.
But maybe you’re still on the fence, or maybe you just don’t understand what makes guest blogging so beneficial.
Here are 5 great benefits you can experience when you start guest blogging.
1. Position yourself as a thought leader—Consumers do business with people and companies they trust. If you have no credibility, you’re going to have a hard time attracting business. It’s that simple. That’s why it’s your job to place yourself as an expert. By sharing your knowledge on other blogs in guest posts, you create the perception that you’re an important expert in your field.
2. Get exposure to potential customers—You can only reach so many people through your website and current marketing methods. By guest posting on other blogs, you have the chance to get noticed by portions of your target audience that you’ve never been able to reach in the past. Increasing name recognition is an important first step in building your business.
3. Build quality links back to your website—Link building is crucial for effective SEO. The more quality links you have pointed back at your website, the better your search rankings will be. In guest blogging, it’s customary for the guest author to be allowed to include a couple of links back to his or her website. Make sure you use these links wisely by including keyword-rich anchor text in links pointing to various landing pages on your website.
4. Drive traffic back to your website—Of course, the links you include do more than just help for SEO. They can also drive traffic back to your website when readers click on them. This can help you get more customers and more blog readers.
5. Network with leading bloggers and professionals in your field—Your marketing efforts are only as effective as your network. If you don’t have a strong network, you’ll have a difficult time spreading your brand message. But when you’re well networked with industry influencers, you can more easily build buzz around your brand.
Do you think guest blogging really works or is it overhyped? Let us know by leaving a comment.