Looking to get more from Twitter? You don’t have to spend a lot of time on Twitter to get positive results for your business. Here are 5 simple things you should do every day on Twitter.
1. Read through your feed — You’re never going to be able to keep track of everything that everyone you’re following Tweets. Twitter is going 24/7, nonstop, so that’s impossible. But you should spend a few minutes scanning through your timeline to see if there’s anything interesting you can respond to.
2. ReTweet something interesting — ReTweets make the Twitter world go round. ReTweeting is a good way to share interesting content with your followers without actually having to think of anything new on your own. It’s also a good way to engage the person you’re ReTweeting. They’ll see it, and you may be able to have a conversation with them to start building that relationship.
3. Interact with your followers — Social media is all about interaction. If you’re not interacting with your followers on Twitter, what are you doing? To generate sales and build customer loyalty, you need to build relationships, and you can’t build a relationship with somebody if you never interact with them. Spend a little time each day starting and joining in meaningful conversations.
4. Try a little promoting — There’s nothing wrong with self-promotion on Twitter, in moderation. Each day, you can do a small bit of promoting. Maybe, you can drop a link to a recent post on your blog, or you could let your followers know about a special deal you have going on right now. The key is to pick your spots carefully for promoting your company. Nobody wants their stream to be clogged with ads 24/7.
5. Check the trending topics — The trending topics are the hot issues everyone is talking about at the moment. It’s always a good idea to keep an eye on the trending topics so you can jump in the conversation if there’s something of value you can add to it.
Are there any other daily Twitter tasks I overlooked? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment.